Thursday, September 16, 2010

Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month

I am truly blessed! I get to celebrate multiple Independence Day’s throughout the year. Of course, every year on July 4th, I celebrate our US Independence and for approximately one month, starting on September 15th, many Latin American countries’ Independence is also cause for celebration.

As a child, I remember going to the “Zocalo” (the heart of Mexico City) with my mami and my sister to hear the famous cry of the call to arms, known as “El Grito” to celebrate Mexico’s Independence. I absolutely loved every minute of it! I hope that someday soon, my family and I will be able to take a trip down there in September so they can see for themselves how beautiful our celebrations and traditions are.

Learn more about Hispanic Heritage month on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Hispanic_Heritage_Month

No comments:

Post a Comment