Monday, July 19, 2010

After Hours: Phase 2 Artists from Slovakia at OCCCA


This weekend, I had the opportunity to visit the Orange County Center of Contemporary Art (OCCCA) in Santa Ana for the After Hours: Phase 2 Artists from Slovakia exhibit with my good friend who was born in Slovakia. I really enjoyed getting to experience a little piece of her culture with her. We had a fantastic time looking at all of the pieces on display and talking with the artist/volunteer managing the exhibit. The artist was so excited that my friend was from Slovakia, she decided to bring out the Slovakian and American flags so she could send a picture back home to her parents under the “Welcome Slovakia Banner” featured at the museum’s entrance!

One of my favorite artists on display was Igor Minárik. His work was so detailed and intricate that I could have spent hours just taking it all in. I loved all of the color, patterns and textures he used to create his one-of-kind masterpieces. Find out more by logging onto OCCCA’s website

I recommend stopping by the exhibit if you get a chance. The exhibit will be on display through July 29th. The OCCCA is located at 117 N. Sycamore Street in Santa Ana.

No comments:

Post a Comment