Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July


I used to think that Freedom meant living in a free country where freedom of speech was part of our nation's constitution. Today, I am grateful to live in such a country but I am also grateful that I've had the opportunity to experience personal freedom.
Personal freedom is probably one of the biggest gifts I've received in my life. I used to be imprisoned by my own limiting beliefs, one of which was allowing other people's personal opinions about me define who I was. I constantly did things to get other people's approval and I did so at any cost. I desperately needed validation in order for me to feel good about myself. I had no self-esteem, no self-worth. Fortunately, I reached a point in my life where I had to make a decision to either change or continue living my life according to what I thought other's wanted me to be.
I got myself some help and turned my life around! Today, I am as Free as a bird! or a dove (that is Paloma in Spanish) my inspiration for 'paloma' in Palomaya, not to mention the other great things that a dove represents including love and freedom.
Today, I often feel like the happy and carefree part of my childhood and enjoy the same child-like wonder. I have many dreams and aspirations and will continue to dream BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment