Monday, August 16, 2010

Inspired by Eat, Pray, Love


had the opportunity to see Eat, Pray, Love this past Saturday. The movie was a delightful journey of self-discovery inspired by food, prayer and meditation and relationships! Not to mention the fantastic trip to Italy, India and Bali! After the movie, I was tempted to book a trip with my hubby this October to celebrate our 7th anniversary to each of these beautiful countries.
Eat, Pray, Love reminded me about the things that are truly important in my life - I was able to relate to Elizabeth on many levels including personal change, nourishment from an emotional and spiritual standpoint, courage and love. How cool is that?

Eat

As a Latina growing up in Mexico, “eating” was an extremely important part of my life. As depicted in Elizabeth’s trip to Italy, sharing fabulous and authentic meals with friends and family were at the center of our culture. My family (like many other Latin American families) often had parties that were centered around great meals.

Pray

As a Latina growing up, I also knew about religion because it was also an important part of our culture, however, I did not learn about prayer in meditation until I was in my 30’s. Prayer and meditation was a huge part of my personal and spiritual transformation. In my experience, prayer (asking for the willingness to do things differently) and meditation (listening for signs or clues to do “the right thing”) along with the help of many people that have crossed my path have helped me become a better person. “Happiness” for me was a direct result or a byproduct of prayer and meditation.

Love

After a lot of work, prayer and meditation, I was able to love myself and in turn love others in a healthy way. Today, I enjoy rich, loving relationships with my husband, my family and friends.
Thank you Elizabeth Gilbert and everyone involved with Eat, Pray, Love for inspiring me and many others to become better people and live a better life!

No comments:

Post a Comment